Large Format Printing with the EMOS Swipe System
Before sending your file to print, make sure its printable ie that it is fully flattened and the dpi is set between 150 and 300 then convert it to either a JPG or PDF.
- Open the the File in the relevant software ie Photoshop CS6 or Acrobat Reader. DO NOT USE WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER.
- Click "FILE" then scroll to "PRINT".
- Click the "PRINTER" drop down box and select either "COLOUR PLOT" for colour or full bleed black and white prints, or "LINE PLOT" for all line work.
- Click "PROPERTIES".
- Click the "PRINTING SHORTCUTS" tab and select "PHOTO" quality.
- Click the "PRINT/QUALITY" in the "DIMENSIONS" drop down box and choose the "OVERSIZE" version of your preferred size. e.g. If you are printing A1 then use OVERSIZE A1. If you cannot find the size you require, scroll to "MORE" then scroll down until you find the correct size.
- Still in the "PRINT/QUALITY" tab. Make sure your page is set to the correct orientation, and set the "SPEED/QUALITY" slider all the way to the highest quality. In the Features tab turn Auto-rotate ON.
- Click "OK" then click "PRINT".
- Swipe your UCard on the corresponding "RELEASE STATION" to send your work to print.
- Check the price is correct for the size you are sending, then select your file and click "PRINT".
If you need any further assistance with your prints please speak to a member of the Reprographics Team.
Prioritising of workAt peak times we operate a 'first come, first served' system. We offer no guarantees that requested deadlines will be met at peak times.
Peak times include May-June when priority will be given to Architecture and Landscape students
3D Printing with the Ultimaker 3
Sizes and MaterialsThe maximum build size of both the 3D printers is approx 203x254x203 mm (8x10x8 inches).
The minimum thickness is dependent on the geometry, between 1.5 and 3 mm.*
The Ultimaker 3 printer uses PLA material various colors are available
Model cost is 0.15 per gram